Friday, May 7, 2010

Pregnancy Style Test for Pork

OK... so I  know I havent posted here in a long time, and honestly its partly because I could remember my blog  password and I was being lazy. lol But when I read this I just knew I had to post it.

They now have a test for anyone that has restrictions (religious or otherwise) to eating PORK! Yes you got that right... you can now test your food for pork. This is ingenious! Whoever made this up is going to make sooooooo much money with all the people who don't want to consume pork.

What's next.... a test for High Fructose Corn Syrup?  MSG? Personally I think an MSG test would be awesome!

*not the real test


Pork test to bust cheats

Mon May 3, 4:35 pm ET


ALMATY (Reuters) – Scientists in mainly Muslim Kazakhstan have come up with an instant test for the presence of pork in food, a popular newspaper reported on Monday.

The plastic-stick test detects food molecules that are found only in pork, which is forbidden by Islam but is easily found in the Central Asian state, Megapolis weekly said.

"It's no secret that some chefs cheat and add pork to beef to make the dish cheaper," the newspaper wrote on Monday, saying the practice was widespread in Kazakhstan.

"When you get your beef patty, cut off a couple of small pieces and drop them in a glass of water. Stir, shake, put the test stick in ... In a minute or two you will see the result."

Megapolis said it was unclear when the test, in which the stick changes color as in a pregnancy test, would become widely available.

(Writing by Olzhas Auyezov, editing by Tim Pearce)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100503/od_nm/us_kazakhstan_pork_odd

No comments: