Monday, December 31, 2007

Thoughts for the New Year

Every year people make New Years resolutions in an attempt to somehow gain control and punish themselves for all the fun they had the year before. There is nothing wrong with Chocolate Cake... for those of you that can eat it. This year I am not making a normal resolution. I do have some thoughts for how I want my year to go but I don't want to resolve to doing it because I don't want to feel guilty when the things I resolved to do don't fit into my daily plan or the stress of life keeps me from it. Why should I feel bad for doing something that feels good, or tastes good, or when I miss the gym?

The bottom line is I shouldn't. So instead I will make the list of things I will live by this year:

1. Live for me. This year I will not allow people to tell me what is best for me when I know what I want.
2. I will not allow people to stress me out. I will not allow toxic people with toxic lives and attitudes effect me. Just because it is an emergency to you doesn't mean it is an emergency to me. Keep it moving.
3. Grow. I will work hard to achieve whatever goal I have for that moment. I change like the wind most times. Whatever I decide I want to accomplish, I will work diligently towards whatever it takes to achieve that goal.

Anything that I need for the entire year can be achieved by following my rules for myself. If you are reading this I challenge you to do the same. Stop resolving to do things you know you will never accomplish. God loves you the way you are. He knows your potential and he has equipped you with all the resources you need to be a success. Know that you don't have everything you need but he will put people in your life that will share what they have You have to choose to be who you want to be. Decide what is important to you. Make a plan to get what you need to be more successful at whatever you want to accomplish. Everything else will fall into place.

Have a Prosperous and Happy New Year!

No comments: